2021 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
July 5, 2021 - 11:00 am (ET)
Download new documents here...
General information about voting...
Voting / Ballot Validation - The Secretary will validate all votes before announcing the final results. Validation will include making sure that (1) only one vote for each item has been cast per property (2) the vote was cast by an authorized owner or their proxy, and (3) votes will be validated either in person or by electronic means to verify the person casting the ballot.
1) Amending The Bylaws - Per Artcle XIII, Section 1 of our Current Bylaws they are amended by a majority vote, written or by proxy, of a quorum of the membership. (currently only 10% required for a quorum). Our new amended Bylaws will raise the bar for amendment to 67% membership approval.
2) Adopting Community Standards - These standards are the paint colors that were approved by the membership at last years annual meeting. They also include new trim colors (burgandy & black) to be consistent with how a number of owners have already been using them on their homes. Community Standards have been adopted so our membership can, at any time, vote on making changes to the appearance of our neighborhood without having to to update our Declaration. 75% written approval of the membership is required to amend the Community Standards.
3) Amending our Declaration (indicating your status) - Amendments to our Declaration require notarized signatures by 75% of authorized lot owners. Once the require number of signature pages are received the Secretary will have the document recorded. By submitting your 'status' here you are advising the Secretary of your signature pages. If you need assistance with getting your signature pages notarized, contact the Secretary, or any Board Member for assistance.
4) Electing New Director - Given the low bar for amendment of our current bylaws, our new bylaws will likely be adopted at our meeting, which means the Board will be reduced from 9 directors, down to 7 directors. Given that to be the case, it will be necessary to vote in only one director at this years meeting. The person receiving the greatest number of votes is elected. Per Article VIII, Section 2 of both our current bylaws and our new bylaws members vote to elect new directors. They do not vote on officer positions (this has been done incorrectly in the past). Once the members vote on who is to fill director positions, at the first meeting of the Board, the new Board of Directors votes on officer positions.
5) Approval of 2021-22 Budget - Since our new budget is not increased more than 10% of the previous budget, our current Declaration does not require member approval / ratification of the annual budget. That said, this question has been included on the ballot because the Board would like to hear member feedback on the new budget as it has been presented.
FOR QUESTIONS, OR MORE INFORMATION
CONTACT ANY BOARD MEMBER BY CLICKING HERE!